Rentals in Loop>Question Details

Katie, Renter in Chicago, IL

Can I rent a decent apartment in the loop with a 607 credit score?

Asked by Katie, Chicago, IL Sat Dec 21, 2013

My move date is April 1st and I'm estimating it will be a bit higher by then as I am working with a credit repair company to remove questionable items on my report and working hard to pay off current credit card balances.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Loop

Answers

11
Dear Katie,

If you credit score is under 640 stay away from management companies. Don't waste your money on application fees.

Try Craigslist and domu.com and look to private landlords. Also be prepared to be 100% honest. Hopefully your landlord history is flawless?
Not all landlords look at credit scores. Some look at credit reports, without the scores. And even then, that is one element of your application; the others being: employment or source of income, and references from your prior landlords. If your low credit score is due exclusively to errors that you are working to correct, you have a good chance of finding an understanding landlord. If your credit report shows past inability to meet financial obligations, you would have a harder time.

You may be able to secure an apartment with a co-signer or with additional security deposit, too.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013
It depends, what is your income, do you have other renting history.. really will come down to the building or landlord
My income is pretty good, I have excellent rental history. Always paid my rent and utilities on time or before the due date and never been evicted.
Flag Sun Dec 22, 2013
Possibly as renting depends on many factors such as income/why the bad score/debts/past rent history etc. You might need to pay a higher security deposit.
email me at jmichaels@remax.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 21, 2013
sounds good email me and I will send you my list of apartments
It is pretty easy to remove things yourself, if they are removable. No need to pay a company. Go online on each to the credit bureaus. Go onto the dispute section and dispute every negative, even it if is you. If the creditor does not respond in 30 days it falls off. If it is a collection, call the creditor directly and find out what price to get it settled and off your report. Do not close credit lines once you pay them. That will lower you credit.

I once repaired a woman's credit in 60 days. I took her Transunion the 400s to 720.

I would be happy to help you find a home downtown. I specialize in that area.
yes, depending on a few different factors. I specialize in landlord, and seller representation. Find yourself a good tenant rep agent, and have them contact me, as I have around 20 units available now in the Loop. Maybe one will work

Mike

http://www.mikekravitzrealtor.com
Hi, I'm going to start looking in February and hoping the score would have improved by then. I will save your contact information and give you a call then. Thanks for your help. -K
Flag Sat Dec 21, 2013
oops... Just saw April start. You are starting a little early ;)
Flag Sat Dec 21, 2013
Sure. Just get a leasing agent to help you out. Its free to use their services.
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
Yes. Email me with what you are looking for and I'll send you some properties that will work for you. I specialize in tenant representation in the city.

Mark Malave
Web Reference: http://Www.markmalave.com
Katie, it sounds like you're doing the right things to be ready when the time comes. I just placed a client in a great place in the Loop. When you're ready to begin looking, I'd love to assist! You can reach me at cwilson@koenigstrey.com. Keep working at it, and Happy Holidays!