Rentals in Fredericksburg>Question Details

Tim,  in Fredericksburg, VA

Can I post on MLS myself?

Asked by Tim, Fredericksburg, VA Thu Jul 28, 2011

I want to post my house for rent in Fredericksburg, VA. I understand agents charge 1 month rent to put it on MLS. Is there any way I can post on MLS myself for a smaller fee since I can show the house myself, run background checks, and do credit reports.

Answers

9
No, you can't post to MLS, only licensed real estate professionals can. I am sure that you can find someone in your area that will provide limited service (like only posting on MLS) for a smaller amount. All fees are negotiable and depend on level of servise and sometimes the company that you are negotiating with.
Try Military by Owner...they are great for successful rentails!
You may find someone who will simply list and not manage, but remember, all fees are negotiable. If you can find someone to cover the management for a lower rate it may be worth it, to remove the stress (management is not easy), time, and liability.
Hi Tim! No, only real estate professionals can use the local Multiple Listing Service. However, you can hire one of those professionals in a limited services agency or non-agency agreement to list your house for a fee that can be negotiated with the Realtor.
Tim,

As others have already mentioned, you can negotiate the real estate fee based on marketing and type of agency involved.

However, you CANNOT enter the property into MLS by yourself.
WHY?
MLS-MRIS - Metropolitan Regional Information Systems is a privately run company supported by dues paid by participating real estate agents. It is a very disciplined organization, governed by very strict rules and therefore the most reliable source of housing information currently available on the market, unlike Trulia or Zillow where often information is outdated.
Hi Tim,

Real estate fee's are negotiable. It really depends on services that are provided. I'd suggest calling around.

Best of Luck,
Zisis
Hi Tim,
My firm charges far less than 1 months rent for full service rental listings. We also offer limited service brokerage agreements where you pay a one time fee to list on the local MLS. I can provide you additional info on either option, and would be happy to help. Please contact me for more infomation.
Jennifer Rivera
Realtor, Army Wife, & Veteran
Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Move4Free Realty LLC
Office: (571) 292-5377 ext 112
Cellular: (571)208-2349
Fax: (703) 542-4240
Email Jennifer@move4freerealty.com
My firm will be glad to do a limited service agency agreement. Just call me and we can work something out.
Mark Geslock, Managing Broker, Keller Williams. Licensed in the Commonwealth of VA 540-785-2225
Web Reference: http://MyNo9to5.com
Most Often You Can't But You May Want To Contact Your Local MLS And See If They Maybe Able To Work Something Out.