Rentals in Elk Grove>Question Details

For rent, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA

Can I, as his agent file a eviction case on the court ? If the case comes to trail, can I represent him in the court? Can I, as owner’s agent file?

Asked by For rent, Sacramento, CA Mon Aug 6, 2012

a The house is under my brother's name. He is living in outside of USA. I signed the rental lease with the tenant and the lease with Section 8 as agent for him. Now the tenant breached the lease. She has unpaid partial rent, does not pay the utility bill, having 8 dogs in the property. (Only allows one dog) I have an authorize paper from my brother.
Can I, as his agent file an eviction case on the court?
If the case comes to trail, can I represent him in the court?

Answers

2
Yes, a property manager can execute the eviction process. But, like most issues related to tenancy, you need to make sure that you provide the notices correctly. I always recommend that you go to the classes offered by the Rental Housing Association. If not, it might be easiest and cheapest to just hire an attorney to make sure it's done right the first time.
Thank you so much! Do yo have the address or phone number for Rental Housing Association? I really want to go the classes.
Flag Mon Aug 6, 2012
See link below for Tenant/Landlord rights in the State of California. And Also see suggested attorney info for litigation questions. Hope this helps.

California Tenant/:andlord Rights Handbook:
http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/catenant.pdf

Real Estate Attorney Recommendation/Referral
Steve Beede, Founder and Managing Partner
BPE Law Group, Inc.
Main: 11140 Fair Oaks Blvd., Suite 300, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Satellite: 9245 Laguna Springs Dr., Suite 200, Elk Grove, CA 95758 (Appointment Only)
(916) 966-2260

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
The Short Sale Lady(sm)
Century 21 Landmark Network
(916) 370-1803 cell/direct
(916) 405-3886 fax
keisha.mathews@century21.com
http://www.SheSoldItForMe.com
lic#: 01439130