Rentals in Walkersville>Question Details

emersonbelfon, Renter in Walkersville, MD

CANMY HUSBAN WHO IS EMPLOYED AND HAS GOOD CREDIT GET A PLACE TO RENT WITHOUT MYSELF APPLYING SEEING I AM NOT EMPLOYED AN MY CREDIT IS NOT GOOD

Asked by emersonbelfon, Walkersville, MD Sat Nov 23, 2013

Answers

5
I think the best answer is from Debbie Rose! She is a "PRO 3" and considered a legend here in these parts!
Best of Luck and Happy Home Renting!
I am blushing!
Thank you for the kind words Dennis!
Always a pleasure to see you and your input on these forums!
Happy holiday to you and your family!
Flag Mon Nov 25, 2013
Sure, if your husband's income is high enough to show the landlord he can comfortably afford the rent, it shouldn't be a problem......you can be on the lease, as his wife, but your income and credit scores won't have to factor in
I always tell my potential renters to write a letter to the landlord explaining their bad credit, many times it is due to medical bills or other circumstances and if there is a good reason, many landlords will overlook the credit issues.
A savvy Landlord will want to see the credit report and references for any adult occupant. That being said, if your husband qualifies in just his name they may be willing to review it.
Emersonbelfon,

As long as your husbands good credit and importantly income "qualify" for the income ratio's for the rent amount you should be fine. You would be placed on the lease as a occupant but not as an applicant for the lease.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013