Rentals in Long Beach>Question Details

Themaciasfam…, Renter in Long Beach, CA

Best way to find a HOME for my family?

Asked by Themaciasfamily, Long Beach, CA Mon Aug 6, 2012

My husband and I and our two small daughters, ages 5 and 7, are looking to rent a small house in the Long Beach area in September/October. We require a garage and washer/dryer hookups and would prefer a single family home or duplex, but an apt./condo is not out of the question. The problem we are currently facing is that by the time I am able to weed through the ads on craigslist and zillow....half the offers are a scam, and the other half seem to be already leased by the time I'm getting in touch. I'd imagine having an agent to help me with a rental listing would be extremely helpful, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Any help or suggestions would be most greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.

Answers

6
Good idea of asking help from a Realtor.
We have access to MLS rental listing, different types of websites
that handle rental lsitings also. Plus, Realtors can negotiate the
best deal just like buying a house. However, they have to check your credit also
because usually that's required to submit an application.
If you're looking in the Belmont Heights, Belmont Shore area, you can look for a Grunion Gazzette
newspaper that has ads for the current rentals in the area including the circle area.
Hope this helps.
Roberto
Best thing to do is interview a couple of different rental agents and find one that matches your specific needs. Much like applying for a job, as a realtor/ rental agent we need to prove to you that we are a fit for your needs, not the other way around. There are LOTS of choices out there. Be smart and don't assume all agents are equal.
My office as rentals in Long Beach mostly by the beach. If you could tell me how much rent you are thinking of paying I can check and see if they have anything available. Also I can check on our MLS to see if there are any rental listings you might want to consider.

Would love to help, feel free to give me a call at 714-296-7270.

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker
L B Brokerage
DRE Lic#797560
bstrealtor@aol.com
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
I would suggest working with an agent for listed properties, and I would also drive around the areas you like and look for signs, as many people are renting their homes by themselves. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
Get a good rental agent. they will guide you & find you a home!
Hi, I am Jeff Johnson with Prudential CA Realty!, I am assuming that you are looking for at least a one year lease......I can help with that. please feel free to contact me directly and we can start a search for you with all of your needs and desires in the area.
Thank you
Jeff Johnson
562 900 9783