Rentals in Los Angeles>Question Details

rdemiguel, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

Best place to live in LA while attending UCLA? I'm not from the US, so I need some orientation please. Thank you!

Asked by rdemiguel, Los Angeles, CA Sun Aug 31, 2014

Hi there, I'll be moving to LA in a few months and I'd love some advice. I lived in Miami long ago, but I've been in LA just once. I need a 1 bedroom apartment. I'm in my 30's, so the party time and clubbing scene went long ago. I'd like a quiet place, I absolutely hate traffic and I do not care about the beach at all. All I want or need close by is a movie theater, supermarket (I'll have a car, so not even that important now), and a place to go running (a park with real trees, flat if possible). I'll run only during the weekends though, but it'd be nice to have a nice park close. I was thinking of West Hollywood, obvious choice I guess, but it's pretty expensive, or Miracle Mile. Is it slightly cheaper or was it a coincidence? I guess going farther away will make my commutes hell, although I just saw through Google maps that if I lived in Hollywood Hills, or in that side of the city, I could take Ventura Blvd and the 405 and it is actually shorter.

Many thanks in advance,

Raul

Answers

1
I would say to look at Palms/Mar Vista area for a short commute to U.C.L.A. and the features you are looking for. Traffic is a part of life in Los Angeles, but you can take surface streets to school from the area.