Rentals in South Arroyo>Question Details

Gerardo M. V…, Home Buyer in Colton, CA

Bad credit but I have a good Paying job,I being on my job for 21years

Asked by Gerardo M. Valle, Colton, CA Thu May 3, 2012

Answers

2
Shannon Chang’s answer
Bad credit is only one thing they look at, albeit, an important one. Can any of the bad credit be explained, that helps. However, your income and stability is also very important. As well as the percentage of down payment. The more equity (down payment) you can come up with, the better your chances.
Hello Gerardo,

Just how bad is your credit? Are the things on your credit report correct?

You may want to get a current copy of your credit report and go over it. If you find anything which is not correct, contact the credit reporting agencies and adrress the incorrect items.

To secure a FHA loan a buyer needs a min FICO score of 640. If your score is below 640 you will have a very hard time getting a mortgage loan.

Since you have been on your job for so long and are making a good income, try and get your credt in order. Start paying down your debt, and avoid taking out any type of new credit.

Best of Luck to You,

Kawain Payne, Realtor