Rentals in Queens>Question Details

mrsbarnes8, Renter in Queens, NY

Bad Credit but Good Salary

Asked by mrsbarnes8, Queens, NY Sun May 26, 2013

I am looking for a new apartment and would like to rent in a building. I have poor credit but make a very good salary. How difficult will it be for me to get an apartment?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Queens

Answers

4
You will most likely have to give an extra month or 2 months security in addition to the 1 month standard deposit required.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 29, 2013
Depends on just how poor the credit is; also much will depend on the landlord/building, each is different; however you can consider being upfront regarding your credit; be prepared to show proof of employment/pay stubs; possibly pre-pay some of the rent; possibly offer extra security; have some reference letters handy; consider a guarantor, etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 26, 2013
It really depends on the landlord/management company/building
In some cases you might need a guarantor or pay rent upfront or in most cases pay extra security. As long as all of your supporting documents check out, it should not be too much of a problem.
Mrsbarnes8,

When renting an apartment a bad credits score does not weigh as heavy as when purchasing. As long as you have not skipped out on any landlords or you don't have a reputation of not paying your rent you shouldn't have a problem with renting an apartment as long as you have the required income, job history, and deposit needed.

Start you search for your new home.

Respectfully,

Gordon Parker, Realtor
McCOLLY Real Estate
gtparker.mccolly.com
219-712-5885
gtparker@mccolly.com