Rentals in Austin>Question Details

Swest24, Home Owner in Corpus Christi, TX

Are there rentals in Austin that have fenced yards and also allows dogs such as Mastiffs, pits, mixes of either or other big dogs?

Asked by Swest24, Corpus Christi, TX Wed Jan 30, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Answers

3
There are very few. There is a management company that will allow these breeds but they are limited-only a couple of properties will have fenced yards; and with availability being so tight in Austin, they are difficult to come by. And they are very strict on credit and past rental history. But yes, it is possible!!
The pet policies and yards will vary from landlord to landlord.
Honestly, it can certainly be more challenging to find a landlord willing to take larger dogs, or breeds that are considered aggressive in any way.

However, there are a few apartment complexes out there that do accept breeds that are unwelcome elsewhere. If you aren't already in contact with a Realtor or locator service give me a call. I would be happy to help you.
Hello Swest,

There are several home owners that do not have the preference for banning an "aggressive breed". Unfortunately they are not as frequent and it limits your options as far as location and the home itself may be concerned but it can be done! Are you planning on moving to Austin soon?

Also, buying is less expensive than renting now in Austin. I can help you through that process as well!

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Michelle Adams,
REALTOR® GRI, CNE
Real Estate Consultant
Ultima Real Estate
512.574.2969 cell | 512.852.4412 fax | 512.22CONDO Office
http://www.UltimaAustin.com
Find me on: LinkedIn | Zillow.com | About Me |Trulia
Please review Information about brokerage services
Current Government Affairs Committee Member
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL
Sales | Leasing | Purchasing | Land