Rentals in 95131>Question Details

jgcvsj, Other/Just Looking in San Mateo, CA

Are there real estate agencies who will show my rental property to prospective renters?

Asked by jgcvsj, San Mateo, CA Tue Aug 28, 2012

I have a 3 bedroom/2 ba house available for lease starting in mid-October timeframe. I don't need full property management services, but would like help showing it to prospective renters, as I live some distance away and it isn't convenient for me to leave work.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 95131

Answers

10
Not every real estate agent is interested in rental work but there are some that may be, especially in this environment where the inventory for sale is so low.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 31, 2012
The MLS is the best way. No it does not cost arms and legs. Most commission is just enough to cover for the trouble and gas money. They hang the signs and screen applicants for you.

Sam Shueh
Keller Wms Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 31, 2012
Unless there is an agency contract for the listing profession and smart agents will not take the risk or liabilty. If you have a rental agreement with a licensed property manager and they offer the Rental on the MLS with lock box access, showing instructions and offer of compensation, then, yes, agents who have potential renters will.

There are so many scammers on the internet renters are very cautious as well, so listing your home with a Property Manager is highly suggested.

All the best to you.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 29, 2012
Village Square Realty, Inc offers to show the rentals of its customers to prospective renters.. For a small fee upon the leasing we take care of all the necessary paperwork. We can also manage the property after it is rented. We have been in business since 1981 operating out of Los Gatos. Please call me at 408-317-1915 to discuss more , if you like. Sincerely, Larry Baldasano, Broker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 28, 2012
Hi J and thanks for your post.

As Charles and Andrea have pointed out, there are plenty of Realtors who can help you with your request. Look for one that handles property management, and he/she can show the home for you, secure a renter, run credit checks and help move a new tenant into the home. Then you can take over, if you wish as the landlord. Give your local real estate office a call, explain what you're looking for, and talk with a qualified Realtor.

Prices for this type of service vary and can range from a percentage of the first month's rent to all of the first month's rent for this service, so check with several agencies to determine what service package is best for you!

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty-People's Choice
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 28, 2012
A property manager will do all of that for you. Do an internet search for property managers in the city where the property is located. Also here on Trulia, a property manager might respond to your question.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 28, 2012
I am located in the Boston / Cambridge area. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your options. buyerselleragent76@gmail.com
Hope I can help!
how much is the rent? I am interseted in renting a house in the next month or so... It is for myself and my two youngest brothers who attend san jose state and de anza college.

I will appreciate any information.
atena_79@hotmail.com

thanks
maria
Yes there are. Sate you locations and help yourself locate an agency that is willing to take on your properties. Weichert Realtors is nation wide and has offices in many different locations. Google them and get some direction.
Thank you, jgcvs for your question:

I recommend that you contact the REALTOR who represents your interests.

Your REALTOR can help you with that.

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872
.