Rentals in Punta Gorda>Question Details

Dan Shoop, Other/Just Looking in Punta Gorda, FL

Are there places in Punta Gorda area to rent for just one or two months in the winter time?

Asked by Dan Shoop, Punta Gorda, FL Wed Aug 25, 2010

We're looking for a place to rent in January and/or February 2011 while we shop around for a condo to buy.

Answers

6
Thank you, Tammy, for resurrecting this thread - I know I don't come back looking at these questions once the initial round of "I-want-to-be-first" answers are posted; today I have one of my own.

Question for the "other four" - if any of you have been contacted by Dan (the person who asked this question), please post a "Yes, I did" or a "No, I didn't" response. I'm curious about the "success" rate of participating in this forum - from our side, we've posted about 40 responses and have heard back from MAYBE one; I can't associate any completed transactions to anyone with whom we made first contact in this venue or who even knew it existed.

Meaning no disrespect whatsoever to Dan because we've made this offer in other threads with no response, in this series we offered some E-Books which "should" have been a must read (based on their titles) for someone considering moving to or buying property in Florida - no one here has ever taken us up on that offer, so that's not the point - but it's not like we just said "call US".

Considering the time some of these questions can consume in formulating a complete response, it would be of interest to me (and hopefully to you) if there were some indication of potential success rates. Our sense is that the person posing the question is someone who happens across this piece of Trulia, thinks of something they'd like to know, asks the question and forgets about it - maybe they'll come back if they receive a notification, but those might do so might not ever receive one - what chance do those notifications have of getting through various email providers' spam filters?

Thanks in advance for your consideration of this proposal.
Check out this web site http://www.rentmeflorida.com. You can search for monthly rental properties in Punta Gorda. It gives photos, details, and costs. You can also contact me and I would be happy to help you.
Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Sandals Realty
Punta Gorda, FL
941-276-6185
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Dan,

We have a number of seasonal rentals in Punta Gorda and around the county. You can see them on our website: http://www.suncoasteam.com/rental-properties-seasonal.html

If you see any you like or have questions, please call our property manager, Donata Noone at 941-875-4744 or email her: donata@suncoasteam.com

Jim

James Mulligan
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Suncoasteam Realty
PO Box 380503
Murdock, FL 33938
941-456-3034 voice
941-585-0505 fax
jim@suncoasteam.com
http://www.suncoasteam.com
Hello, Dan -

Here are a two more sources, another one local to Punta Gorda and one with a larger footprint:

Pine to Palm Realty, operated by Dave & Louise Larson @ (941)637-4900
(if you tell them we sent you they promise they'll send you back to us for condo shopping)

and

Rent Me Florida - Our contact there is Connie Nowell @ (941)474-2882
(if you tell them we sent you they'll give us a one-week vacation in the Bahamas - just kidding).

Both of them have gotten high marks from people we've sent to them.

Check out our .info site (below) for recently closed sales of single- and multi-family residences and vacant land in Punta Gorda Isles to get a feel for our market and request one (or more) of our E-books that may be relevant to your particular situation.

Thank you for your interest in our piece of paradise.

Ken & Karen
Call Five Star Realty, 941-637-6116 or 800-788-1203 for rental properties during season, i.e. January/and or February. One of the best seasonal vacation rental sites. You can also go into http://www.fivestarrealty.com
and check out rental properties. Libbie is the property manager, ask for her. She is terrific and will be a great help to you.

Do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions. Good luck!

Karen Brown
Five Star Realty
941-380-2820 (cell)
Give this website a try. There are some listings on there and they are vacation rentals so short term should be okay. You could also check with a local buyer's agent and see if you can find any tenant at will rentals on the MLS or check on the Trulia rental section above.