Rentals in Boston>Question Details

Richard, Real Estate Pro in Newton, MA

Are there month-by-month condo/house rental in Boston and its suburbs? I sold my house (pending closing) but not yet find the next one to buy.

Asked by Richard, Newton, MA Sun Oct 23, 2011

I'm thinking to rent a place (3 bedroom) before I buy. I already found a few houses I like and will give offer soon. But there will be a short period that my family have no place to live. My family has 5-bedroom worth of stuff need to move. I don't want to move all of them to the place I rent. First, there won't be enough space; second, we have to move them out soon again. Is there any solution to my problem?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Boston

Answers

10
You may be able to find a short term (1-6month) rental in the area but it would depend on how long you would need temporary housing. I would suggest you find a moving company that also could provide short term storage for the items you do not want to move to your temporary home. If you contract with them to do each leg of your move, you may be able to get a discounted rate.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 23, 2011
I can help you. Give me a call. Thank you.

Carey T. Hansen
"Your Real Estate Agent today, tommorow and into the Next Generation"

NextGen Realty
1243 Commonwealth Ave.
Allston Ma 02134
Phone: 617-548-7236
Fax : 888-875-6973
chansen@nextgenrealty.com
Licensed Real Estate Professional
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012
I would be more than happy to help you. Give me a call anytime. Thank you.

Carey T. Hansen

NextGen Realty
1243 Commonwealth Ave.
Allston Ma 02134
Phone: 617-548-7236
Fax : 888-875-6973
chansen@nextgenrealty.com
Licensed Real Estate Professional
Hi Richard!
There should be plenty of temporary rentals available this time of year. Your best bet is to check craigslist.

When you are ready to buy check us out:
http://territory.com/buy_and_save/cash_back

Web Reference: http://territory.com
Hi Richard,

I hope that the answers below have helped you, and that you still like Realtors :-). I was actually in the same situation a few months ago, what a pain in the tooshy.

In regards to your moving situation. I had one of those PODDS dropped off right in driveway. Once it is full you call to schedule a pick up with them and they take to their secured sight, It can become very pricey. But if it is only going to be a few month it is well worth it. They deliver it right to your knew home, that easy.

Depending on what you are looking to spend month and desired location there are a few that come to mind.

If you would like, i can set you up on the MLS (this has every listing of every agency) this will give you up to the minute listing and pricechanges and anything new that just came on the market. Also, this service is complementary, and if you end up purchasing with us, we refund the rental broker fee to you.
There are also the extended-stay hotels and motels in the area. While this probably would be expensive, they may provide some nice amenities not found in a temporary condo/house situation, and more flexibility for the number of months you would be staying.

In terms of storage, also consider whether there are any friends or neighbors with large garages or basement storage space. I did this for a temporary solution while settling details on a home purchase. Even with paying for the space, this would likely cost less than the short-term rental unit. You could also either pay the storage holder or barter in exchange.

Good luck with the move, and I hope you find some suitable interim solution.
I 'd suggest that you use your broker to help you with this issue. S/he can definitely find you a place short term, or negotiate a later closing date for you,if possible. If not, storage and short term furnished rental will be your best bet.
Hi Richard,
Did you sell your house by yourself?
Are you looking for your new home on your own?
I recommend you hire a Realtor as soon as possible to help you sort through all this issues.
A good agent will be able to advice and help you all the way through as Meaghan Winokur suggests or some other similar fashion.
I am sure there many good agents to choose from at the area where you have decided to move in.
Congratulations and good luck in your real estate transaction.
Jaime Fernandez-de-Castro
http://BostonMetroHomeSales.com
Short term rental and short term storage are your answers. There are several ways to skin this challenge and a qualified and experienced agent can help you with this. Good agents have had situations like this work well for their clients. I am one such agent. Find one who is confident and can explain the alternatives to you. I would be happy to help you depending on where yo are looking. 972 322 7776
There are certainly short term furnished rentals available. You should ask your Realtor to help you find an appropriate situation. That's what you pay them for.