Rentals in Alexandria>Question Details

kim, Renter in Alexandria, VA

Are there any agents out there who have been successful in helping families with credit issues get into a rental property?

Asked by kim, Alexandria, VA Tue Jun 12, 2012

We are blending our families soon and each have negative items reported from going through our respective divorces. Great job stability and income to qualify as we both have advanced at our jobs in the past couple years. Looking primarily in Southern half of Fairfax County. Need 5 bedrooms minimum. Trying to keep payment around $3000 and would like a 2 year lease, after which we plan to buy a home.

Answers

3
I work with a company named wecosign.com and they act as a guarantor for leases. They guarantee, to the landlord, that if a tenant is 5 days late, on the 6th day, they will write a check for the rent. Thus, there is no risk for the landlord/owner to accept an applicant as a tenant who has an application backed by wecosign. They were founded for people with credit issues from divorce, medical issues, natural disasters, etc. Thus, as an applicant, you can also look at craigslist ads, apartment buildings and For Rent By Owners that you may not be able to see when working with a Realtor. A few of my clients have used them and they were very happy with the program. They are a nationwide company so you can use them to apply anywhere. Feel free to tell them that I gave you their information. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me for more information.
Call me and I will walk you through how to make it happen. Just did one with a bankruptcy.

Kind regards,

Erik j Weisskopf, ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
703.216.1222
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
Ron Ginyard might be able to help.