Rentals in Bayonne>Question Details

Stephany Her…, Renter in Roselle Park, NJ

Are there any Rent to Own companies that aren't a scam?

Asked by Stephany Hernandez, Roselle Park, NJ Tue Mar 5, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Bayonne

Answers

2
I do not know of any "companies" that have rent to own. Keep in mind a property that is going to rent is owned by someone, not typically a company. That owner will rent the property and may be willing to sell in the future. Renting to own, in general, is not easy anymore due to lending requirements. If you are trying to find a place that you can rent now and possibly stay in while you save money or repair your credit so you can purchase the home, target places that are for rent AND for sale. A local Realtor can assist you in finding a place. There are not that many around, but they do come up occasionally.
Good afternoon Stephany... What are you looking to rent? If you meant "Rent with an Option to Buy" properties, that's not that common these days, unfortunately. My agency has had some listings like that from time to time, but we don't have anything specifically designated that way right now.
If you mean furniture rentals - that's a little easier! I have my Staging designation, and have rented furnishings in the past from a company called Churchill's. The lease arrangement is structured that after a period of time, your mnthly lease payment is applied against the cost of the pieces. They have different programs for different durations. There are other companies that do this as well - another in our area is AFR Furniture Rental.
I hope that helps you!