Rentals in Houston>Question Details

Michelle Rob…, Renter in Houston, TX

Are there any Realtors/Mortgage companies that are willing to help with finding a Rental home if you have poor credit and a low credit score?

Asked by Michelle Robinson, Houston, TX Tue Sep 25, 2012

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in Houston

Answers

5
Hi Michelle, I would be happy to help, however more details would be needed. There are possibilities that a landlord will consider more deposit etc. I know of apartments that work with your type of situation as well, but I have know which area you are looking at. You may have to consider this option while you work on your credit. I can also refer you to someone who can evaluate your situation and see what options you have regarding your credit.
Persis
713-294-7747
Persis.realtor@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 25, 2012
Thank you Persis, please email me at your leisure at michelle.robinson@tdi.state.tx.us. I am interested in the Humble, Atascocita, Kings Lake Forest, Hunterwood Subdivisions.
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012
If you have good rental background, steady job, money to put down for security deposit, Landlords will look at applicants casebycase basis.

Al is correct that it wont be easy,but if you would like to send me a messege I would be happy to send you Applications and Instructions so that you may see what you can do.....

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 25, 2012
Ms. Carolyn, I have a good rental background, I've been with the State of Texas 10 years, and I am sure I can produce a security deposit/first month's rent if not overly absorbent... Carolyn, please contact me via email at your leisure at michelle.robinson@tdi.state.tx.us Thank you!
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012
Hi Ms. Robinson:

Usually mortgage companies are not in the property rental business. Any competent realtor will be able to advise. but your should also be prepared to do a few actions that might induce an owner to go with you, having low scores and poor credit.

Take there there is a place and home for every person.
Michelle ...

Your question isn't quite clear. Are you looking to lease a home, or purchase a rental property? In either situation, though, the likelihood of a successful outome is close to zero at the moment.

In the former instance, your best bet is to look in publications such as Craigslist or one of the local throwaway newspapers, and deal directly with the landlord. You'll find them more flexible. Those owners who list rental property with a Realtor expect applicants to have excellent work, credit and rental histories, since we charge a fee (usually one month's rent) to screen potential tenants and prepare the lease.

If the latter is the case, you'd need a FICO score somewhere at least in the mid-600's, in addition to a substantial amount of cash ... 20% to 25% down, plus closing costs and a six-month reserve to cover expenses on your current home. Today, requirements are particularly stringent as concerns investment property.

Realtors are reluctant to work with individuals who don't meet present criteria ... nothing personal, but the time it takes, and the amount of paperwork involved, is substantial, and would likely produce no results.

I wish you well.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@algeffon.com
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Michelle ...
I don't know of any other way to do business. It's always best to know where you are, so you can figure out how to get where you want to be. If you have solid work and rental histories (no evictions, etc.) some landlords will consider this at least a partial offset of your credit. As an act of good faith, you might wish to consider paying the first and last month's rent, in addition to the security deposit ... it's a significant amount of cash upfront, but it might convnce the owner to approve your application. If you'll let me know where you'd like to live, I can do some checking ... one never k nows in this business. Please use my direct e-mail ... al@algeffon.com ... it makes for much easier communication. Regards ...
Al
Flag Thu Sep 27, 2012
Thanks Al for being upfront. I've worked for the State of Texas for 10 years, I've had credit problems for some time... I have great work history, it's just my credit that keep holding me back... thanks again.
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012
Yes, Michelle. There are ways to get around having a poor credit. Some landlords do this by collecting higher security deposits or extra months in advance. Please contact me for more information. Thanks (951) 966-3047
Verlin, I am in Houston, Texas so I'm not sure If you would be able to assist. But my email address is michelle.robinson@tdi.state.tx.us. Thanks for any help yu may be able to provide!
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012