Rentals in Port Saint Lucie>Question Details

samkork, Other/Just Looking in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Are their rentals available with no credit check? Friend is losing her home to forclosure.

Asked by samkork, Port Saint Lucie, FL Sun Sep 9, 2012

Answers

6
I've heard of some being found on CraigsList. Just be very careful and DON'T send any money via wire before you meet someone in person and tour the rental. Good luck!

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.
(904)495-0115

http://www.Realty2Reality.com
With documented income and/or reference letters some LL's will accept credit challenged Tenants.
The short answer is yes. It is always best to get the offer to lease (Contract to Lease) in writing. Have a completed application and a letter explaining the situation for the owner to review. We have had success in getting owners to accept Tenants with less than perfect credit. However, this is not a guarantee, as each Owner has his or her own level of tolerance. If you have any questions please feel free to call me anytime.
Chris Lewis, CDPE
Broker/Realtor®/President
Atlantic Winds Realty, Inc.
881 E. Prima Vista Blvd.
Port St. Lucie, FL 34952
Office: 800-732-4707 Ext. 201
Mobile: 772-240-4969
Fax: 800-792-6812
There is a few that are not running credit checks but most of them do, but most of RE office are not using the foreclosure against the cutomer..

Hope this helps
Thank you!
Flag Mon Sep 10, 2012
Hi Samkork,

Gabe is correct. A credit check and sometimes a background check are done on most rentals. If the mortgage (s) are the only negative items on the credit report, usually, the landlords take that into consideration. However, if all of their bills are behind, it may be more difficult to find a landlord to take the chance.

Debbie Redditt, CRS, ePRO, CDPE
Broker - Associate
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate

772-486-4306 cell
Thank you Debbie. I think the other bills are paid up to date. This is very helpful information.
Flag Mon Sep 10, 2012
Most likely a credit check will be performed for most rentals, but a foreclosure will not necessarily disqualify your friend from the rental.
That is good news! Thank you Gabe. I will pass this on to my girlfriend.
Flag Mon Sep 10, 2012