Fam4, Home Seller in Rancho Penasquitos,...

Are moving to SD area in August. One of us working at NASNI & the other at MCAS Miramar. Read great things about Poway Schools. How about living?

Asked by Fam4, Rancho Penasquitos, San Diego, CA Sun Jun 6, 2010

in Rancho Penasquitos? Recommend any other area in that school district?

HI Fam,
Welcome to San Diego. Rancho Penasquitos is an excellent choice for the school district + it's more coastal than Rancho Bernardo and Poway , so you'll also enjoy being closer to the beach and a few more breezes. NASNI is in Coronado one of the nicest places in all of San Diego and with great schools. Coronado is an island and with the combination of military and local police one of the safest places to live + miles of beautiful beaches, however rents will be higher. Gas is about $4 a gal. and the highway 163 commute can stick in you in bumper to bumper traffic so you might want to go against the flow and consider Coronado.
Janet McCarthy
Connect Realty
Hi, I am an owner of 3-bedroom, 2-1/2 bath home in Rancho Penasquitos. The property will be available in September for rent or purchase if you are interested. The home was recently remodeled in 2009. If interested i can be contacted at sxguinto@yahoo.com. Thanks.

I would be happy to help you with the sale of your existing property, whether in state of out of state. If you are selling a property from a distance, event outside of California, contact me prior to listing it and I will set up the top professional in that area to handle it for us. This way we will control the over all process from here. This is the same for a short sale or a regular sale.

Using one agent for the sale and another for the rental is a great idea and the answers below indicate that those agents have a good knowledge of the localized rental market, which is a specialty, too.

Steve Innis, Broker
DRE Broker License #00644965 issued 1982

I am Susy Thomas with ERA Eagle, the only real estate agency in Rancho Penasquitos. I have lived in PQ for 30 years and have 4 children who all attend/graduated from PUSD schools.

I would be happy to help you.

Web Reference: http://commercialsusy.com
Hi Fam4,

Welcome to San Diego! Depending on the part of the country from where you are moving, be prepared for a bit of sticker shock as you investigate home prices.

Dave gave you some good information on some other areas, and I would agree with him. However, Carmel Valley is more coastal, and it looks like you are looking inland.

I would suggest that you also consider San Pasqual HS which is in the Escondido School District. It is a great school in a very nice area. This could also open a new area for price shopping for you.

Let me know if I can help.

HI there!

The things you read about Poway schools are indeed correct, it is one of the top districts in the San Diego area. I am assuming you are looking there because of the proximity to MCAS Miramar. Here are some other areas that are close by that also have great school districts:

Scripps Ranch
Carmel Valley
Rancho Penasquitos
Rancho Bernardo

Rancho Penasquitos is a really nice area as well, the homes tend to be 1800 sq/ft +, and have decent size yards. I live in the Scripps Ranch area, and absolutely love it. Let us know if we can help you find a home.

Dave Werth
Werth Webster Team
Keller Williams San Diego
Web Reference: http://www.werthwebster.com