Rentals in East Flatbush>Question Details

annmariegeor…, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

Approximately how much can I get a two family house rented for in the East Flatbush area.

Asked by annmariegeorge, Brooklyn, NY Wed Feb 26, 2014

Answers

3
Depends on exact location, number of rooms/size, etc., therefore contact any local agent/realty office and ask for comps, recently rented similar properties in the immediate area; see what the data suggests and go from there...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 26, 2014
Phillip-neri Benn, I agree that the current asking rents are high, especially for working class or fixed income tenants. But they've been high in most of Brooklyn for awhile now. Home owners are asking for them, and they are getting them for the most part. Unfortunately, many home owners are depending on these rents to help pay their mortgages, especially the ones who bought in the last ten years.
Flag Sat Mar 8, 2014
I agree with Anna Brocco, I live in East Flatbush for thirty years and I see a lot of homeowners demand rents similar to Bedstuy, Crown Heights or Bushwick, or even Lefferts Garden, Fact is only people who have been displaced from Park Slope or Fort Green or Manhattan are easily willing to pay those rents
our associate Camille Fratantoni quoted, You may get it, but you have to offer a fully loaded unit. Good luck
Flag Thu Feb 27, 2014
Google the area for rent comparison. Then, base your decision on the evidence.
Here are approximate ranges of current market rents for East Flatbush:
One bedrooms: $1,100. to 1,400.
Two bedrooms: $1,400 to 1,800.
Three bedrooms: $1,800 to 2,300.
Any luxury features, parking, outdoor space, etc. would increase the value.

Feel free to contact me if you have available rental units. Our Flatbush office rental agent has been active in Brooklyn real estate since 1971. She personally interviews all prospective tenants, accompanies them to view the apartment, processes full applications and credit checks, and there is no fee for landlords to list their apartments.