Rentals in Crown Heights>Question Details

Sophie Love, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

Apartment in brooklyn, ny 11225?

Asked by Sophie Love, Brooklyn, NY Tue Feb 14, 2012

I am a single mother with 1 child and 2 cats. I am looking for a aprtment in brooklyn, ny 11225 i can pay up to 800-1,050 for an aprtment. I am looking for a 1-2 bedroom apartment.

Answers

5
If you are looking for an apartment, please, contact a local agent.
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Hello Renter, This is a healthy budget for a nice size 1 bedroom in brooklyn. A 2 bedroom will cost you over 1400 per month. So i would focus on 1 bedroom apartments. You'll need to varify a few things before starting your search, 1. credit score, landlords want to see that you have good credit. If this is a problem then you might want to look into getting a co-signer. It will be very difficult to rent an apartment without good credit, and 2. Income Verification. You'll need to show the landlord that you have a good paying job. This means supplying him with copies of your paystubs, or an employment letter.

Feel free to call my office 718-773-0533 or check out our website http://www.bhtalrealestate.com to start your search. We'll be more than happy to help you.
Web Reference: http://bhtalrealestate.com
Contact local realty offices, or work with an agent; check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money/persoanal information ; word of mouth, etc.
Okay - it looks like you're looking in what would be considered the Lefferts Gardens/Flatbush area. Great! Now, just a few other things so that we can try to make something happen for you. When are you looking to move? And on a scale of 1 - 10, how's the credit? Normally it takes us anywhere between 2 days to 2 weeks to get you into an apartment and, even though our inventory is vast, apartments can go in a blink of an eye. You need to be ready to move forward once we start looking.

Please feel free to give me a call at 646-535-2516 at your earliest convenience to talk further!

Adriane Riley
Lic. RE Salesperson
RRFB