Rentals in Boise>Question Details

Diane B, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

Any suggestions for help finding a nice single family home rental?

Asked by Diane B, Phoenix, AZ Sun Apr 29, 2012

My family is relocating to the Boise area this summer. Our top priority is schools/safety- we have a 4 & 6 year old. We would like to rent for a year or 2 while we learn more about the area. Specifically looking for 3 bed 2 bath. RV parking a plus. Large fenced yard a plus (we have a dog). Hoping to stay below $1200/month. Home office or 4th bedroom a plus. We don't mind commuting into town as long as it is a good fit. Planning to visit early June- move late June or 1st of July.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Boise

Answers

4
Hi! We are a very active property management firm and would love to help you. All of our homes are pet friendly and we can start looking for you now. As has been said here, rentals go fast. Go to our website, http://www.GreaterBoisePM.com My name is Annie, and I would be happy to help you. We have other rentals coming up that may not be on the site as yet. Thank you and good luck. Annie Williams
Diane,

I can appreciate getting to know the area before you buy but keep in mind that right now rents are higher than mortgage payments on the same home typically. What that means to you is if you buy a home in an area that later you decide isn't quite right, you can still rent that home out for a profit to help offset the payments on the next home. You might have to qualify for both payments in full via the lender if you don't have a history of being a landlord however.

There are lots of programs that offer "first time home buyer" loans, grants and subsidized payments based on income/credit. Make sure you team up with a Realtor and lender that understands that market if you need it.

Agents that are used to dealing with relocation (like myself) have website tools that help you learn about the area and links to resources that can help you.

There are special loan programs by city as well, for example, in parts of Kuna/Star you might qualify for 100% financing, in Boise, there are programs for second deeds of trust to help with down payment and closing costs, there are loans that give you better deals if you have great credit, etc.

You can team up with a Realtor or real estate Broker, that can set you up with automated home searches that can email you updated data on homes matching your criteria so you can start learning even before you get here. Then, when you arrive, we can give you a personal tour of the area and explain why some areas sell for more than others and explain building options and differences between some of the builders.

Realtors are a great resource especially when you team up with one experienced in the market you need help with. We are independent contractors working under a Broker (unless like myself, I am the Broker). One of my agents does property management, so he can help you find a rental as well.

Hope this helps!
Jim
You may want to check into the following areas when you visit Boise. Meridian & Boise are close together. The school districts you will want to check into are the Meridian school district (includes homes in Meridian, Eagle, Star and Boise), Boise School District, and possibly Kuna which is north of Meridian. Craigs list and driving areas looking for rental signs is the best way to find a rental right now because of our low inventory and high number of renters. The Real Estate market has shown signs that the bottom was reached last year and prices are now increasing. Our inventory is extremely low here too and many homes are receiving multiple offers within days or weeks of being listed. Boise is a wonderful place to live. Welcome.
Check craigslist and say some prayers. The rental market is tough right now and will remain so for a number of years.