Rentals in Upper East Side>Question Details

Vito, Other/Just Looking in Upper East Side, New...

Any feedback about The Monarch building on 200 E 89th? Any red flag? Considering there but very new in town...

Asked by Vito, Upper East Side, New York, NY Sat Jun 2, 2012

Answers

7
Keep in mind that opinions are oftentimes subjective, what may be good for one may not necessarily be the case for another, therefore if possible consider chatting with neighbors; also review building's financials and any other related information with your attorney. Be aware that real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods/complexes...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 3, 2012
Hi Matt,
There are no red flags about this building that I know of. In general, it's a great building and a great location. However, everyone has a different idea of perfection. It really depends on what you're looking for. For example, are you looking to buy or to rent? Do you have pets?
If you have any questions, please give me a call (347.344.8307) or send an email (nkochmer@citi-habitats.com).
Welcome to New York!
Nissa Kochmer
Citi Habitats
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 3, 2012
We can setup a viewing for some of these apartments if you like? Feel free to contact me Ed 347.748.4818 anytime
I have some very nice apartments on the upper east side if you are interested. My name is Marinel and I can be reached at 212-714-1027 ext 15 for assistance. Thank you and good luck.
Being a new comer to the New York City real estate scene, you should know that the vast majority of sales here involve two agents ("brokers" in local slang) -- one for the seller and one for the buyer.

There are a lot of reasons for this, the most important one bring that the listing agent is obligated, by law, to do his or her very best for the seller--not for you. Anything you let slip about your finances, for example, can and probably will be used to extract more money from you. Good brokers take courses, including role playing and theory, on how to win in negotiations.

So even for second or third time buyers, it's routine in NYC apartment sales for there to be two brokers. The brokerages agree to share the seller's agent's commission for the benefit of all. So, if you don't work with a buyer's agent, then you are paying for a service you're not getting.

If I were your buyer's broker I would pull records on the history of the building and on the particular apartment, and I would help you negotiate the best possible outcome for you given all the info we can get our hands on. I own an apartment on the Upper East Side, I know it well, so if I can help, Matt, please let me know.

Karla Harby
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty
New York, NY
kharby@crrnyc.com
212-688-1000x146
Matt,

This building is well-established as it was built in1986. It is a full-service high-rise condo building with 45 floors and 258 apartments. It's a great location, as it's pretty close to the 86th St. 4/5/6 trains. Whether for a unit in this condo building or elsewhere, you should really consider using a skilled, experienced buyer's agent. When you go directly to the listing agent, their job is to get the most money for the seller. When you use you own agent, we streamline your search, negotiate on your behalf and take you through all the steps to closing. As you say you are new to town and NYC real estate is very quirky and different than elsewhere.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com
Nice building, good amenities ... .