Rentals in Philadelphia>Question Details

LP, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

Any advice on what landlord's are looking for in a credit report? I've never had a credit card, so my credit score is only 637.

Asked by LP, Philadelphia, PA Thu Jul 31, 2014

I've rented 3 apartments before and never had any trouble. I also inherited a home from my father, which I own and have no mortgage on. I also have over 500,000 in mutual funds which I live off of.

Answers

1
The decision whether to rent is at the discretion of the landlord. You shouldn't have trouble renting, especially if you can show liquid assets to a landlord via a balance statement that can cover multiple years of rent. Good luck with your search!
What if my room mate doesn't have good credit? Would it be better to apply without him?
Flag Thu Jul 31, 2014
I guess I should also answer your question directly as well. In my experience the landlord is looking to see if you are going to pay rent, so if you don't have a big credit history, but have no late payments/collections/etc and can provide references from past landlords it isn't a big deal if you can show that you have the ability to pay.
Flag Thu Jul 31, 2014