Rentals in Austin>Question Details

Stephanie Ni…, Home Buyer in Leander, TX

Affordable Houses for a Family in/or around Austin - Great schools, Easy Commute, Nice Area.

Asked by Stephanie Nichole, Leander, TX Thu May 15, 2014

I currently live in Leander. My family and I have lived in this area for nearly 6 years and love it. The house we live in started out at 1200 per month and has now grown to 1650 per month. Its a big 4 bedroom house in a nice neighborhood. I am single mother of four, who works part-time and attends school full-time, so the growing prices have become too much for me. It pains me to have to move my children away from their school and friends, but I am not finding anything this area within my price range, 1200 and under, that is still large enough to accommodate the 5 of us. As much as it hurts, I have started searching outside of Leander, but I don't know where to start. The most important thing for me is good schools. I have three daughters that will be entering 6th, 4th and 2nd grade next year. I also have a 2 year old son who will be attending preschool in the next couple of years. Their education and school-experience is top priority. Any suggestion is appreciated.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Hi Stephanie,

Round Rock, Pflugerville and even Leander/Cedar Park have rentals in the $1,200 range for approximately 1,300 square feet. If you need more space you may want to look at Taylor/Manor. I would think you could fit the girls in the same room and be able to make some of the options work in Leander. Good luck. Let me know if you'd like some help.