Rentals in San Francisco>Question Details

Jbv2015, Renter in

Advice greatly appreciated! Young married couple looking for rental home near San Francisco...

Asked by Jbv2015, Tue Jun 26, 2012

My husband and I will be moving to California in the next few months from Arizona. One of us will be working in the Hayward area and the other will be in San Francisco. We're looking for a safe, comfortable and convenient residential area that is roughly the same distance/commuting time to both San Francisco and Hayward. If this criteria limits us greatly then we would be willing to live closer to Hayward and further away from San Francisco. We're looking to start out renting not buying (preferably a townhome or single family home as opposed to apartment), and our price range is between roughly $1,500-$2,500/month. Our preliminary internet searches have led us to Dublin, San Ramon, Oakland, San Leandro, Union City, Fremont, San Mateo. We know nothing about this part of California, so some advice/direction would help us a great deal. Thank you.

Answers

2

I am a native San Franciscan and my wife is from Hayward. Before she moved in with me here in the City, she lived in Foster City which is the city closest to the San Mateo bridge. On the other side of the bridge is Hayward. The commute to SF from Foster City is pretty quick and it is a nice little community. She lived in Harbor Cove http://www.essexapartmenthomes.com/apartment/harbor-cove-fos… and it is a nice complex. At that time she had a 2bd for about $1850(2 years ago). I am sure rents have gone up.

Kevin
Hi:

It may be a good idea to check out locations that are close to a Bart Station -
that way you can have the option of taking the Bay Area Rapid Transit System or driving.
Driving during morning rush hour or evening rush hour could be a bit of a hassle.
People everywhere are trying to drive less - less gas money and a cleaner environment.

Yeah, there are a few Bart Stations and cities to choose from but that's part of the fun exploring
neighborhoods and making a choice.

Listings on Trulia & craigslist.org.

Helen Yuen, Realtor Associate, Land & Property investments, Inc
helenyuen@lpirealtor.com (415) 469-0577