Rentals in Bradley Beach>Question Details

Jottaiano, Home Buyer in Bradley Beach, NJ

Advice and experiences for a landllord of renting homes in Bradley Beach in the off season (September to June)

Asked by Jottaiano, Bradley Beach, NJ Mon Oct 1, 2012

4 bedroom - 2 full bath home with yard in south Bradley Beach area and 4 blocks from the beach

Answers

4
Jottaiano,

In two words "due diligence". Ask for credit checks (yes, on a short term rental even if the Realtor who brings you the renter balks); interview the prospects (i.e., ask to meet them in person); and get an appropriate security deposit.

I currently have a client with a marvelous multily family rental home 1 block from the beach in Belmar and both tenants are stellar.

It's all in the effort u put into finding the right tenant.

Francesca Patrizio, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Advice? Screen your tenants well. These rentals tend to attract transient people or people who cannot afford to live here year round. Be sure to take photos before you rent to anyone, in case there is damage. You will need proof of the condition of the property and the furniture, too. Review the truth in renting booklet so you know landlord/tenant laws! If you need a copy, reach out to me through Trulia or my website below.
I am the rental manager in my office and am also a landlord in NJ. I'd be happy to help.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Jottaiano, If you are speaking about September 2013, make sure to advertise early. If you mean 2012, well....advertise now and perhaps you can get a tenant for October or November. Make sure you check with the Bradley Beach municipality and see what's required since some towns consider this a business. In Ocean Grove the owners need a mercantile license. Once a renter is found, Ocean Grove Code Enforcement requires a Certificate of Inspection to be provided before the tenant can take occupancy. All towns differ so make sure to check.

Many summer rentals are vacationers but I find people renting for the winter are oftentimes in transition - perhaps they are in the process of relocating for work or waiting for a home to be built. I would say the majority of tenants expect seasonal rentals to be furnished.

Lastly, think about your rental rate and whether or not pets will be allowed.

Hope this helps,
Lorraine Koleda
Realtor Associate
Jack Green Realty
lorik@jackgreenrealty.com
Hi. I have a very similar house for rent in that area now. What questions do you have about the rental process?
just wondering how diificult it is to rent in the off season, monthly rental rent, customary security deposits and brokers commissions, does the tenant pay for all utiltiies and snow removal, etc - quality of tenants
thanks for any advice
Flag Mon Oct 1, 2012