Rentals in 92840>Question Details

Andy Dinh, Renter in Norwalk, CA

Active duty need help looking for home! can anyone help?

Asked by Andy Dinh, Norwalk, CA Fri Jul 5, 2013

hi i am andy dinh moving to the area around OCT timeframe i am active duty in the navy and a looking for a good home for me and my wife if anyone could help me out i plan on renting as soon as AUG to get everything situtated before i actually get there. thank you so much is going to be working in garden grove so being nearby the area is apricatied. and rather single family home the apt but we are open minded and according to our buget nothing above 1600$ thank you

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 92840

Hi Andy, if you do find a single family house for $1600 or less, be VERY careful to not get scammed.

There are ruthless people overseas - mostly Nigeria - scamming unsuspecting "wishful thinkers" with bogus offerings, seemingly WAY below market value, where all you have to do is send them a money order or cashier's check and they will "send you the keys by return mail".

Obviously, the keys never arrive, the the gullible prospective tenant is out a thousand or two of their hard earned dollars.

Be VERY careful out there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 5, 2013
Hi Andy,

Thanks for serving our country!

If your target for SFR in Garden Grove for below $1600, it is going to be really tough. If you are lucky, you may find one home around $1900-2000. Prices for surrounding cities to the North such as Anaheim or Stanton may be $50-100 cheaper. Prices for cities to the South are generally higher. So, it is good idea to expand your options to townhouse/condos or appartments.

If you need additional help, feel free to give me a call.

David Pham
National Brokers