Rentals in North End>Question Details

Char, Renter in Tacoma, WA

About 301 N 5th St, Tacoma, 98403, does anyone else find it suspicious that the rent for an 8,800 sq ft house is renting for only $1200 per month??!!!

Asked by Char, Tacoma, WA Wed Aug 7, 2013

Answers

5
Char,
That home is for sale at $1,350,000. It had been listed for rent at $2950. What you found was likely a cloned listing and an attempt to commit fraud. These are too common on Trulia, Zillow and Craigslist so renters need to be careful. NEVER send money hoping for keys in return.
Char,
Scammers don't. Their only shame is leaving an honest person with the money they have. I'm glad you didn't fall for the other one either. Please continue to be careful. If you want some help finding a "real" rental, check with a great local agent. We can help you with that and the chances of finding a fraud are much less.
Thanks for the best answer award. :) I appreciated that.
Flag Sat Aug 10, 2013
Thanks, Dan. That is what I figured! This other guy who answered me (roberts1508) sounds just like the guy who tried to scam me out of $1800 back in February. These guys have no shame!!!
Flag Sat Aug 10, 2013
the scammers are out enforce. Trulia more than Zillow You can tell by their email address, grammer and lack of phone number in some cases. I wish Trulia would do something about it Jane
That property is an older mansion broken into a multifamily residence. There are many like it in that neighborhood... just do a little checking in advance... it the historic Stadium District.
I agree with Dan.

I've seen numerous examples of Craiglist rental fraud. Washington Realtors even recently covered the topic so that their members could be better on the lookout for it with their listings.
because the landlords base the rent on the army and air force income.
Your name is familiar! Did you try this scam in Puyallup, WA earlier this year!!!
Flag Sun Aug 11, 2013