Rentals in 46324>Question Details

Felicia Gibbs, Other/Just Looking in 46407

ARE THERE MANY HOMES W/ FINSHED BASEMENTS IN HAMMOND AREA?

Asked by Felicia Gibbs, 46407 Fri Dec 11, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 46324

Answers

4
Vivian L Jankauskis’ answer
Check out http://www.gniarmls.com when you go on the site it looks like you need a password but if you press property search it will let you search for yourself. This is the realtor's website so it is very updated. It gives you several choices to narrow down your search. If you would like a search set up to automatically email you with your options call me or email me. I will set you up with an search that emails you with new properties and price changes. We now even have rental listings if you are looking for rental options. My email is vivfindmeahome@live.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 11, 2009
Yes, there are many but each potential buyer has their own idea of "finished" so it would be impossible to give you an answer. Not just me, any REALTOR(R).

In our Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Hammond is divided into three areas - North, South, and Hessville and between all three there are 473 homes for sale.

342 HAVE basements at all so now let's go to what one might call finished.

To one person a finished basement has a painted floor and painted cinderblock walls and heat. To another it's finished if it has a drop ceiling and carpeting, to another it's finished if it has a drywalled ceiling with can or spot lights, wall to wall carpeting, and it's been divided up from one large room into several smaller rooms with doors and overhead lighting etc. None of these are items for which we can search. (For the same reason we can't search for a "large" kitchen or a "modern" bath. They are subjective terms - they have different meanings to different people.

What you, what I , what a seller, and what a seller's agent calls "finished" will all be different and there is no way to search for a finished basement in the MLS. You have to look at some and see for yourself if YOU consider it "finished".

If you'll call me and give me three or four ideas of what matters most to you I can make that list of 342 Hammond homes into a much more manageable list of 15-20 (to start). I can send them all to you by email and you, I or we can look at the pictures to determine if the basement appears finished.

My cell phone number is 219-201-0500. And Felicia, I think we know each other from working together several years back so I'd like to talk to you just to see if you are the same Felicia Gibbs.

Respectfully,
Pamela M Howell
REALTOR(R)
219-201-0500
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 11, 2009
Hi Felicia,

We have a couple homes in Hammond with basements both finished and unfinished... Another option you have available to you is... Give me a Call and we will find you the right look OR Build it for YOU...!

Brayden T Holtz
Call4YourHouse@Gmail.Com
970-639-0696
hi felicia! it's great you ask that question! first of all, before you get an answer from an agent, you have to know that that agent knows what a basement is! call me up for an appoinment, and we'll talk about what you want more in detail. i'll be able to eliminate quite a few more houses then just something with a basement for you. in the end it's your own judgement, of course.219-588-6787 scott
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 13, 2009