Rental Basics in Denver>Question Details

Cpreczewski, Renter in Denver, CO

where is the best place to rent a house in denver?

Asked by Cpreczewski, Denver, CO Thu Jan 12, 2012

looking for an affordable place to live in a fun area of town. nice neighborhood. what are some people's opinions on best places to search

Answers

7
Jacob Gram’s answer
You may have some issues, as the rental market is tight right now, but areas that you should consider are Baker, Uptown, LoHi (highlands), Capitol Hill and Curtis park in that order, if you ask me>

I would be glad to help you (303) 585-0502

Jacob
I can suggest at least five neighborhoods in Denver that all have unique characteristic If you can post some things that you want in a neighborhood. walking score etc.
I recently helped a buyer purchase her first home and she now pays less than when she rented. There are a number of great programs out there for first time home buyers. Good luck to you
Verde Denver Real Estate & Property Management.
720-334-6181
Cheesman Park is the place to be. It's hip and urban. You can walk to tons of shops and restaurants, bike Downtown or take a bus. It has a lot of different options - lots of condos and single family homes. Depending on a property, there is a lot of viriety in prices as well. You can definitely find something that fit your budjet.

Marina Bay
Cherry Creek Properties
303-880-6167
The Metro Denver community is heavily endowed with great rental options. Affordable is relative to your income and what you are comfortable spending. Fun in downtown Denver includes a vast range of venues including but not limited to white water kayaking, endless biking trails, 5-star dining, pub hopping in Lodo, museums galore, attending about every professional type of sporting event offered in the country, Broadway shows, an off the charts amusement park, an aquarium, college campuses and so much more. There are dozens of niche neighborhoods that have their distinctive personalities. Once you know your rental budget it is easy to to zoom in on areas offering the many types of fun you seek.
Web Reference: http://www.EdQuinnSite.com
I agree with Jon about the neighborhoods he mentioned -- all are great. I would also include the Highland Square area & Berkeley (both in Northwest Denver) and Riverfront Park as fun, walkable neighborhoods that are in the heart of the action.

One more item to think about -- the rental market is hot and vacancy rates are extremely low, so you'll need to have your ducks in a row to get a good place. Have your rental history, job verification, references, credit report (if you have it), etc all printed out and handy. That way when you find a great place, you can move on it quickly and impress the landlord with your organization and he/she will know you're going to be a stellar renter.

Best of luck -

Nate Holler
So much depends on on what you consider 'affordable'. There are a lot of nice (great!) neighborhoods. LoDo, Lohi, Wash Park, Platt Park are a few on the top of my head. Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.jonrroberts.com
Cpreczewski,

That all depends on your preferences, lease amount, and amenities such as schools, age of home, proximity to your job, etc. Let me know some details and i will be glad to help. Good success in your search.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct – 303-669-1246