Rental Basics in Knoxville>Question Details

jfuller1, Other/Just Looking in Knoxville, TN

what is the best advice for someone needing to move and rent an apt due to bankruptcy and their home getting foreclosed. to find a place to live...

Asked by jfuller1, Knoxville, TN Wed Feb 6, 2013

This person has a family and have fallen on hard times(hospital bills, school loans, etc) which caused to file for bankruptcy but now has

Answers

1
Kenya Stafford’s answer
Hello....I'm not clear on how far along in the bankruptcy your friends are, however I would advise them to find an apartment or home to rent/lease as soon as possible in case a credit check is required. Also, be prepared to show proof of current income to your future landlord/property manager at the time of interview or rental appointment. Unfortunately, there have been a huge number of bankruptices over the last several years, however, this will not keep or prevent you from being able to find a new, temporary home to rent or lease. Good luck!