Rental Basics in Chicago>Question Details

dfwelf, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

what is the average rent per square foot in roscoe village??

Asked by dfwelf, Chicago, IL Sun Jan 17, 2010

Answers

3
I agree that looking at a generic cost/sf, especially for a rental is rather meaningless. You need to look at comparable units and even with that, there can be many other factors at play, particularly in a soft market like we have now and particularly in the Winter. Cost/sf does not take into account seasonal factors among others.

philip
I personally think its always hard to clarify the sq/ft of a certain area because there is so many different aspects at play. Its tough to compare a newer 2bed condo, to a old vintage 3 bed rental. I think if you are looking for a good idea of rent per sq/ft you have to look at similar places in one area.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlamericorp@aol.com
708-250-2696
I sampled about 74 rented properties in the last 3 months and it look like 1.25/sq ft. If you want the spread sheet, I would be glad to email it to you please send an email to simir.shah@gmail.com

Simir Shah
Publix Realty