Rental Basics in Palatine>Question Details

Niky150, Renter in Palatine, IL

what do you need to rent the home like if you need credit or thing like that?

Asked by Niky150, Palatine, IL Thu Apr 5, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Debra (Debbie) Rose’s answer
Generally, in order to rent a home, you will be asked to have your credit may also be asked for a job reference letter , and a letter from your previous landlord, if that applies.

You will also be asked for a certain amount (in my area it is 1.5 month's rent) for a security deposit and the first month's rent upfront.

In my area, for a home that is multiple listed via an agent, the tenant usually pays the commission, too.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 5, 2012
rent a house with no power box and no water. But had it when I leased it and when I moved in, it was gone..... now the landlord will not do nothing and took my money. And no heat either
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 29, 2014
does it have to have power box for lights
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 29, 2014
First of all, you have to fill up credit report application form, which will also include your personal info. Make sure you have enough deposit that is required by landlord. Also make sure that you tell the landord if you have a pet, ( some would not allow pets) and aslo how many occupants( some areas have a limit).Normally, the landlord pays the commission to the agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 17, 2012
Many landlords want a credit report and info on your current situation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 6, 2012
If they are doing a credit check then you will most likely need to pay for that when you submit your application for the rental. The fee is usually around $30 to $40 per adult.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 5, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer