Rental Basics in New York>Question Details

sashinda, Both Buyer and Seller in New York, NY

what are the agent fees? Is it a monthly fee or a one time fee when you start renting? How do you know from rental postings how much monthly rent?

Asked by sashinda, New York, NY Sun Aug 18, 2013

I have searched for renting apartments in New York but I am never sure how much is the monthly rent, some have rental fees plus agent fees? It is all confusing, I am from Canada and we do not have this where I live.

Agent commissions are negotiable, paid at lease signing; when two agents are involved in the transaction the fee is shared. For any necessary clarifications, ask your agent the question beforehand...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 18, 2013
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
It depends on the apartment you will be renting and the broker you use to rent the apartment. Steer clear from ads that mention "rental fees" or "management fees". More often than not they are shady brokers using deceptive advertising. Find a good, honest agent to help you rent your apartment, you will end up paying first months rent, one month security deposit, and a brokers fee, anywhere from one months rent to 15% of the annual rent.

Contact me if I can be of assistance.

ALAJUWON ALEEM | City Solutions
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
40 Water Street | New York, NY 10004
Cell (646) 915-5979 | Office (212) 232-0200
Fax (212) 232-0210