Rental Basics in Long Beach>Question Details

amandaguerra…, Home Buyer in Long Beach, CA

specifically the unlawful detainer complaint. i'm evicting a tenant and all occupants...i don't know all of their names, because their

Asked by amandaguerra03, Long Beach, CA Fri May 31, 2013

names aren't on

Answers

4
Take the advice given. Use an eviction service and /or an attorney. If you handle this wrong, you could have new problems you were not even considering. Some "tenants from hell" know how to work the system. They know what their rights are. They know if having children or people with handicapped status give them special protections. They how how to delay eviction by making accusations against their slum-lord.
I am not saying that is what you are facing, but the fact they allowed unknown people to move in should be a red flag. Use a professional service.
Give Traci Guerra a call at 562-997-9690

He's an attorney specializing in Evictions/Unlawful Detainers and his office is at the northwest corner of Broadway and Long Beach Boulevard.

I'm sure he's going to tell you that once an eviction is complete with your tenant, any remaining occupants that fail to leave can be treated as trespassers and can be easily removed from the property by calling the police and having them respond.

Be certain that you handle any remaining personal property that the tenant might leave behind in accordance with the law. Very specific notices and timelines have to be given and inventory of items left must be documented very well.

Wish you the best with this,

Mark Vinton
DRE #01322983
LB Brokerage
562-212-4595
http://www.markvinton.com
To be sure you are taking all of the correct steps I would contact an attorney that specializes with evictions.l The Apartment Association of Southern California is a great organization . You can reach them at (562) 426-8341 and their membership fees are very reasonable and can be written off as a business expense. THey have a wonderful referral roster and I use it for my rental properties when I am searching for a contractor, electrician, etc.

Hope this is helpful,

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker, e-Pro(R), SRES(R)
DRE Lic#797560
L B Brokerage
714-296-7270
bstrealtor@aol.com
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
My opinion is that if a person's name is not on the lease either as the lessee, co-signer or listed occupant ON THE LEASE paperwork, then the tenant is 'sub letting', which breaches your lease contract you had with this tenant if you didn't know about it. This is my opinion, I'm not an attorney or specializing in property management.

My opinion, is If the other occupants are unknown sublet occupants, you don't need to know their names, just call the police & say "there are people living in my home & I didn't authorize them to live there, go kick them out".

Before you contact the police, please speak with an eviction company, they are more familiar with the laws for legally kicking out occupants. http://www.asapevictions.com/

If you would like to stop dealing with tenants, I have home buyers for the Long Beach area, please shoot me an email directly, I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group