Rental Basics in 11211>Question Details

jockobocko, Renter in 10011

new landlord wants my rent stablized apartment.I've been here 40 years and am 70 years old. How can I know if he's selling?

Asked by jockobocko, 10011 Thu Oct 24, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Jocko
Did they give you anything in writing? call the department of the aging, or call 311 and thye will give
you the proper people to call. you do not have to leave unless you want to...but I am not an attorney,
good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
It doesn't matter if he's selling or not; you are entitled to keep your apartment regardless of who owns the building. I would advise you to contact a tenants' rights organization such as The Metropolitan Council on Housing. They have a tenant hotline open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1:30 - 5 at 212-979-0611.

They can advise you of your rights and help you to protect your apartment.

Best of luck to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer