Rental Basics in San Diego>Question Details

anthony.mung…, Renter in San Diego, CA

is rent payment of $2500 too much to pay for a 3br 2 bath town home in the Rancho Bernardo are?

Asked by anthony.munguia, San Diego, CA Fri Jul 12, 2013

Answers

7
I did a rental survey in that area this past Feb. for a client and it seems about right. $2100 to $2750, depending on amenities, how the utilities are split with the landlord, the size of the home, etc...

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
(619) 929-0105
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 18, 2013
Anthony,

The price is in the range of what homes rent for in Rancho Bernardo. It does depend upon the other variables already mentioned. (Pets, Type of Home (Detached or Attached) - Single Family or Condo, Neighborhood, square footage of home, condition, age, ammenities, etc..)

REALTORS can provide rental comparables for you as a reference, but they will only reflect rentals that are listed in the MLS. You can also check Craig's List as a secondary source.

Kind Regards,
Marcie Sands, REALTOR
Simply The Best Real Estate Co., Inc.
Rancho Bernardo - PUSD
Lic # 01428288
760-644-1562
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 15, 2013
Hi Anthony,

As everyone has stated, it depends? On the area, whether it is in a complex with amenities such as a pool, etc. Also the condition of the property and the interior amenities.

Best of luck,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Hi Anthony,

If you were to buy instead of rent, your mortgage payment could be very close to that. But, instead of paying a landlord, you could get tax benefits and build equity. If you need help getting qualified, or have issues with your credit that is keeping you from getting qualified, give me call call and I can help you for free

Brian Aarestad
Prudential California Realty
Home Services of America, A Berkshire Hathaway Company
Fax: 619-521-0100
DRE # 01839557
baarestad@pcrcc.com
Your referrals determine my success. Please tell your family, friends and co-workers about me.
Every landlord will get what the market will bear....I usually get an idea of 'typical' rentals by going onto San Diego Craigslist - in the rental section. Type in townhome and Rancho Bernardo and then see what kinds of price ranges come up!
Hi Anthony,
Does the rental allow for pets? Is the lease month to month? There are always variables involved that move the rent up or down. Just curious where were you living before R.B.? Best Wishes,
Steve Seper
Balboa Park Realty, Broker / Owner
BRE Lic# 01730524
Steve@balboaparkrealty.com
It depends on the size, condition and amenities included. I'd say it's on the high side depending on the specific complex and what they offer. It's not necessarily out of the question that they could get that if its large, upgraded and offers a view, and excellent community features.