Rental Basics in Charlotte>Question Details

Danielle, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

im a teacher. Does anyone known anything about the good neighbor program?

Asked by Danielle, Charlotte, NC Thu Apr 19, 2012

Answers

11
Good evening, Danielle:
Below is a link to a Trulia Blog titled GNND Good Neighbor Next Door: 50% off homes for Teachers, Police, Firefighters, EMT & EMS. All the info you want is there. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. ... if you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
The Good Neighbor Next Door is an opportunity for law enforcement officers, firefighters, emergency medical technicians and teachers to purchase homes own by HUD at substantial savings. HUD provides 50% discount off the list price on eligible properties. Buyers are required to stay in their home for at least three years.

Will be more than happy to provide you with a list of properties that qualify for the GNND. Contact me for details. I am an "At Home with Diversity" accredited agent
Most are located in very ruff neighborhoods. Hud is trying to stabilize the neighborhood
with this program. For some people it might be a good thing for others just be sure what
you are dealing with.
i believe it is available in certain areas and within a certain distance from the school you are teaching in. if you want any further assistance, feel free to call or email me any time
704-451-0776 or vbaughman@wilkinsonandassociates.com
The Good Neighbor Next Door Initiative encourages renewal of revitalization areas by providing an opportunity for law enforcement officers, firefighters, emergency medical technicians and teachers to purchase homes in these communities. HUD provides a substantial incentive in the for of a 50% discount off the list price of eligible properties. These individuals are then required to stay in their home for at least three years.

I will be more than happy to provide you with a list of properties that qualify for the GNND. I assisted a teacher several months ago to purchase a GNND home, she financed FHA 203K, so she could totally renovate the property with hardwoods, granite, new light fixtures, new paint, and much more.

Call me or send me an email , I will be glad to talk with you about the GNND program.
Hi Danielle, We are listing agents for HUD, this is program we are very familiar with, We do have information on the GNND program, Please give us a call at 800-631-1894 ask for Helen she would be glad to assist you with the information...Thanks and we looking forward to assisting you!! Bob Jacobs
Rdsmith gave a very good overview of the program. It is a wonderful opportunity for individuals like yourself to buy great homes and an affordable rate. If it is something you would like to do I can help you find available properties that are offered under the program. Not every HUD home is eligible and they move fast so it is a good idea to be ready to act. Please contact me directly if you have any questions.
Have a great day!

Michael Laine
cell- 704-619-3971
email- michael.laine@prucarolinas.com
The Good Neighbor Next Door program allows you to purchase an eligible HUD property at a 50% discount on the sales price. You can finance all closing costs and prepaid items. Because the home is discounted so deeply, you have to pay the agent commission, which can also be financed. Good Neighbor Next Door works with the $100 down program, and can also be used with the 203k Renovation mortgage, allowing you to make repairs to a home.
Great Program.. I just sold one and closing next week. Buyer pays 50% of list price. Go to http://www.hudhomestore.com to look for the current inventory. Under buyer type choose Good Neighbor Next Door and then select City.. Charlotte currently has 4 available. Let me know if I can help.
Last year we closed 4 homes usiing this program. It can be a great deal with the right house. Not every hud home qualifies as well. Also if the lender has never done the program that can cause a snag and probably will not close. It is easy enough to find out information about this program however you need some one who is experienced and not just says they are. We have done this many times and also sometimes even for someone who is qualified it may not be the best thing. Call us and we can help you with this. 704-618-7184

Team Devine
Danielle,

I actually teach a class within my company about HUD homes and the Good Neighbor program. All of te details are far too much to post here. Definitely give me a call or shoot me an email and we can talk about how the program works!

Amy Baker
Allen Tate Realtors
704.258.1459
Amy.Baker@allentate.com