Rental Basics in Manheim>Question Details

Lynn Handy, Home Buyer in Manheim, PA

i have a lease that states it is for 2 years specificlly, however the landlord has had problems with renting

Asked by Lynn Handy, Manheim, PA Tue Nov 11, 2008

the house in the past due to Overly expensive heating bills ( which iwasnt aware of when 1st renting) when we went to look at the house it was advertised for a price $25 cheaper then what she drew the lease up for, when questioned she never gave us a clear answer- however we decided to move in anyway. We paid a 1st,last,and security,with the 2nd yr rental being increased $25.- we moved in the house in dec 07, however she did not pro rate the 1st or 2nd month, and the lease states that i can not end it or give notice until MARCH 2009!!! that would make it a 27 month lease. we had verbally told the landlord that we will Not be renewing in Oct, and then again gave written notice in Nov.w hen we found our dream house. we have never been late an she has even made mention to that, she at this point is telling us that we have to stay in the house until april! is the contradicting lease legal?

Answers

1
Hi Lynn,
I am a Realtor in Delaware County, and prior to that I was a property manager for 177 unit apartment complex. I would be glad to help you. Feel free to contact me.