Rental Basics in 48236>Question Details

B.martin, Other/Just Looking in 48035

Young Couple trying to rent an amazing house for wedding and reception. We dont have a lot of money. Could tax write off be incentive for property ow?

Asked by B.martin, 48035 Thu Feb 10, 2011

We would really like to make this an amazing day for us. Like I said we dont have a lot of money, but is their a way that the property owner could get a tax write off of some sort, for donation of property time . Or something of that nature?? We would only need the property for two days, and if the home is just sitting their maybe they would go for it with that incentive?

Hi B.

How creative of you. I certainly hope you enjoy your special day and future lives together.

Trulia does not typically have a lot of tax professionals on it, and I am not one myself. Personally, I cannot imagine such a tax credit. Tax credits are for donations to non-profit and you and your fiancée are not non-profits.

Maybe you have some friends with a nice house who would like to help you with your dream?
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI