Rental Basics in 19143>Question Details

yvinikkikenny, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

Why majority of apartments require to check ypur credit?

Asked by yvinikkikenny, Philadelphia, PA Mon Jan 14, 2013

I'm new at this whole searching for apartments thing and I need some help.

Answers

2
Landlords check credit to determine if the prospective tenant pays their bills on time. The landlord can't afford to wait for the rent to be paid so a tenant's past behavior re bill paying is the best indicator as to whether or not the tenant is likely to pay the rent on time. I can tell you as a landlord the best way to instill good will is to pay your rent a day early. Costs you nothing and your landlord will love you!
Good Evening Yvinikkikenny,

Actually since the Patriot Act going in effect in the Bush Administration.... oRt investors require a Credit Check for confirming the behavior of past payments.... also check for evictions reports to municipal courts AND to confirm that the prospect tenant is NOT a active Felon.....

Its not gonna get easier with this Gun Issue occurring.... a lot of paranoia out there... Hopefully this will calm down

All the best John Curci RE/MAX 215-757-2889