Ristedts31, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

Who pays the subdivision fees if I rent a house in a subdivision. Does the home owner continue paying those fees or are they passed to the renter?

Asked by Ristedts31, Indianapolis, IN Mon Apr 7, 2014

Answers

5
In my rental, I have it written in the contract that I pay the HOA fees. If it's in the agreement that the renter is to pay the fees, the HOA can place a lien on the property if dues are not paid on time. Rather than chance that, I prefer to pay the HOA myself and keep the tenants out of that equation.
Typically the HOA fees are paid by home owner. You will need to read your lease agreement to make sure and negotiate it if it's not in writing.
HOA are generally paid by the ownerand it will be mentioned in the lease terms.
It would depend upon how your lease agreement is written, but generally HOA fees would be paid by the owner.
It will depend on the landlord and the lease you sign. The tenant will pay for it one way or another; whether the fee is bundled into the rent payment or is left up to the tenant to pay separately is really just a matter of packaging.