Rental Basics in Hoboken>Question Details

erin.maureen…, Renter in Hoboken, NJ

When Should I Start Looking?

Asked by erin.maureen.callahan, Hoboken, NJ Wed Jun 13, 2012

Looking to move into Hoboken in November. Is the rental market in Hoboken strong year round? Also, is it impractical to try to find a two bedroom in Hoboken with a washer/dryer and gym for $2,500-2,800 per month?

Answers

4
Diane Maxon’s answer
Hi - Hoboken is a very popular place to live so the rental market is strong except for a Dec 1 to Jan 1 move-in. Most people do not like to move during the holidays.

Most leases require a 30 day notification to the landlord, so we don't see new listings until 30-45 days before the move in date. Your price range is a little low for the amenities you are looking for. You may have to give up the gym or the private washer-dryer to get a great apartment.

Please give me a call at 201-780-6594 if you'd like more information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 13, 2012
Erin,

I get that question all the time from my clients. My question to you would be if you are willing to spend that much on rent, why wouldnt you consider buying instead. We offer mortgages with down payments as little as 3.5% and we pay most of your closing costs. $2500-$2800 can go along way towards home ownership. Most of the time, my clients say it was never even considered because they didnt think they could afford it. You would be suprised. If you are interested in exploring options. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone.

Mickey Ballantine
REMN
Parsippany, NJ
973-532-8733
mballantine@remn.com

See my testimonials on my reference page for confidence!
Hi, Yes the rental market in Hoboken is strong year round. It is possible to find a 2 bedroom in that price range but probably not with the gym. You should start looking mid to late September for a November 1 move in.

Schaun Ulrikson
Broker - Associate
Prominent Properties Sotheby's Int. Realty
501 Washington
Hoboken, NJ 07030

201-344-4201 mobile
Hi Erin,

Naturally there is a dip in the winter time, which works for buyers and tenants, because there is a bit less competition in the marketplace.

Currently there are 22 rentals matching your criteria. I don't see any reason you woudl not be able to find what you are looking for,

Amos Elroy
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert),
SFR (Short-Sale Specialist Certified)

Residential Real Estate Investment Consultant
Lic. Realtor Associate
EXIT On The Hudson Realty
(888) 462-6573 / (888) HOB-NJRE
FAX (888) 462-6573
Office 201-437-0411
http://www.HobNJRE.com

Twitter & Facebook: HobNJRE