Rental Basics in Pomona>Question Details

Young&dumb, Home Buyer in Los Angeles County, CA

Whats steps do I need to take after buying a property with section 8 residents? Where can I look up more information on this subject?

Asked by Young&dumb, Los Angeles County, CA Mon Nov 1, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


What aspect of section 8 are you worried about? If you want to keep your tenants, you can take Shaw's advice below and just sign up with the housing people. Section 8 is the owner's choice. If you want to get rid of your section 8 tenants, I believe you just call up section 8 and tell them you don't want to have section 8 units and they take their vouchers elsewhere.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 2, 2010
Contacting HUD would be the best place to begin. Below see the link to HUD. They might be able to answer your question as well as direct you as to what you need to do.

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 1, 2010
Hi, you can speak to the tenants and ask them for the phone number of their case worker or section 8 office, you'll need to talk to their case worker or someone in section 8 office so they could forward you the rent for the time. If you want to keep them as a tenant then you might need to sign a lease contract with section 8. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 1, 2010
I would check out the Dept. of Consumer Affairs at as a good jumping off point.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 1, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer