Rental Basics in Saint Louis>Question Details

OBarakatMD, Home Owner in Newington, CT

What would be the best areas to reside if doing a 1 year fellowship at Barnes-Jewish and would like to rent a 2 or 3 bedroom place starting July 2013?

Asked by OBarakatMD, Newington, CT Tue Jan 1, 2013

Looking for luxury apartments near to the hospital or within a 15 minute drive. Would like to be in an area near shops and restaurants but also an area where we would feel safe.

Answers

12
Happy New Year Obarakatmd,

The area around the hospital there is called the Central West End. I have worked with many residents there for the purchase of condos and homes. Feel free to contact me and I can perform a search for rentals within your drive time.

Dave
Thanks David and happy New Years to you. What would be your time frame for a July rental?
Flag Tue Jan 1, 2013
Many docs from Barnes-Jewish/Children's Hospital select CLAYTON for its central location (proximity to Barnes-Jewish), its abundance of Luxury Apartments and its nice selection of upscale eateries and its reputation as being totally safe. If you haven't done so already, I would inquire with other docs (especially those that recruited you to the area or those with whom you will work) to get granular information/recommendations on specific Luxury Apartment communities they suggest. Given your criteria, Clayton is your very best choice
Have you found your place?
Hi OBarakatMD. My husband did his residency at Barnes, and he is currently finishing up his fellowship here. There is a group called WUMCHA... it is for female residents, fellows, etc and the significant others of male residents, fellows, etc. It is a fantastic organization, and we help one another out with things like this. One great way to find housing is to connect with other physicians & their significant others to see where they are living. I recommend checking out our website at wumcha.com. We are a very friendly group and our members will offer suggestions on this and so many other questions you may have. My family and I are permanently here and live in the suburbs but many members live close to the hospital and could offer great advice. Best wishes to you and welcome to St. Louis - a fantastic town!
Thanks for the info. Congrats to your husband. I will pass along the info to my wife and definitely check out the site. CWE and Clayton are the areas we have heard a great deal about.
Flag Sun Mar 3, 2013
Good Morning,

I have quite a few within 5-10 minutes from BJC. You NEVER pay me a fee or commission! Please send me an email, with your name and number and I will send you the list. I will be happy to represent you, just like yourself I am licensed and committed to your care and satisification.

Professionally,

Kristin Dodson
314-446-3395
Krisdodson@coldwellbankerpremier.com
Try the central west end!
Kristin Dodson, Realtor®
Saint Louis, MO

Good Afternoon, I hope by now you have found an apartment or loft to call home! I live and work right by BJC and Washington University and would be delighted to offer my services to you. You never pay my commission. Please contact me and lets find something, fun, safe and most importantly that fits your budget.

Professionally yours,
Kristin
My vote would be on the CWE or Debalivere!
http://www.stlouis-mo.gov/government/departments/public-safe…

Instead of a Realtor deciding what is "safe" for you, we recommend checking with the statistics provided by government agencies. Above are the statistics for the city of St Louis which is where Barnes-Jewish is located. This area is one of the few in the US where the city of St Louis is NOT in St Louis County; the city is its own county. Therefor, pay attention to addresses to note if they are in the city or county; stats will be different. That said, there are many people who work for the Barnes-Jewish complex that live in city neighborhoods as well as those who live in the "inner ring" of the central corridor. Price, type of property, yard space etc. may better decide. Feel free to contact me if you'd like more information.
There are quite a few nice condos for rental in the Central West End or the Skinker Debaliviere area.
There are a lot of great areas that you might like. It may depend on what sort of property you want to rent and how long you are willing to drive. I would be happy to send you a sampling of properties available throughout the metro area so that you can narrow your search.

Please feel free to call or email me any time.

Happy New Year.

Katrine
As Realtors we do not steer people to areas we feel are good, bad or whatever. That is your decision to make and what I find disgusting you might just love. Have an agent show you things in the area and price range and you decide what you like.
Thanks Tim. Agreed. What would be your suggested time frame for a July rental? Now, March or 4-8 weeks?
Flag Tue Jan 1, 2013