Gina Shrout, Renter in Libertyville, IL

What should be the cost difference between a one bath rental and a two bath rental?

Asked by Gina Shrout, Libertyville, IL Tue Jun 22, 2010

we were unable to use one of the two bathrooms in our previous rental due to mold issues and would like to know how much in a dolllar value to ask a judge to have our ex-landlady compensate is for..we were unable to use it for almmost three months.

Answers

1
There is no "flat answer" for that question. I or any Realtor should be able to easily research rental in the area and find the difference! When a Realtor searches the MLS they can see from those on the market and those recently rented the difference in a rental in your EXACT area ( if you are renting in an apartment building or condo/townhouse developement it is even easier!) If mold was an issue, I would suggest consulting an attorney. Depending on your particular circumstances and the lease you signed, mold issues could make the unit legally "unihabitable" and entitle you to compensation for temporary living or housing. A qualified real estate attorney can help sort through the issues.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 22, 2010