Rental Basics in Brooklyn>Question Details

Trulia Brook…, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn, NY

What neighborhoods in Brooklyn, NY do college and graduate students usually live in?

Asked by Trulia Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY Mon Feb 18, 2013

Answers

2
All over Brooklyn.
Follow the direct subway line to the school they are attending and go out as far as you want, the further out the more likely they are to get a seat to study all the way to school.
One neighborhood I have noticed a bigger increase recently is Crown Heights: 2,3,4,5, even Columbia students!...that is a long study period!

Kathryn Lilly
Principal Broker.
Realty on the Greene, LLC
718-858-7600
through my years of experience in real estate I found this one area in Brooklyn to have more college and graduate students:

The whole borough.

Eveyone might think a large majority are in the upper Brooklyn area: "Not True".

I have had alot of college and graduatestudent first time home buyers look for the best deal on a starter home in so many different areas all over the borough this question cannot be area specific. Coney island, Sheephead Bay, Dyker Heights, Sunset Park, Kenington, Midwood, ect.

The smarter people are moving more inland Brooklyn because that's where all the deals are. Upper Brooklyn is becoming so overpriced and saturated it's hard for a young person to afford a starter home in these areas.

So yes, they are going to more inner Brooklyn areas. They know soon, inner Brooklyn will become the place to be.

Pretty smart if you ask me. ;-)

If anyone needs assistance anywhere in Brooklyn ask me...
I'm a born native.

Luke Constantino
REMAX NEW YORK
(212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com
261 4th Avenuue, Brooklyn NY 11215