Lilly, Other/Just Looking in Huntingdon Valley, PA

What is the realtor's commission on a rental?

Asked by Lilly, Huntingdon Valley, PA Tue Feb 8, 2011

Renting a doctor's office. What commission should I expect to pay a realtor? Would like to pay up front and collect rent on my own.

Answers

4
Bruce Lang’s answer
commission is to be negotiated up front in a listing contract...there is no "required amount" and any inferrence if a violation of anti-trust laws....I will use a hypothetical of my person experience ...I have seen this done for one months rent , I have seen it done for 7% of the total lease value....I have also seen other ideas too - 1/2 month, 2 months, 1 month/year...its really a conversation to have with the realtors you interview.
It depends! All fees are negotiable. The more work you do the less you should pay. I have clients who operate as you do, who just want me to bring them a tenant. Others want me to collect the rents and handle small things for the tenant.

You can pay a realtor a flat fee to list it, or a part of the lease. Some agents will ask for 1-2 months rent, while others will want a percentage of the entire lease value.
The realtor's commission is negotiable; and is usually a percentage of the first month's rent.
Interview a few Real Estate agents with a Property Management Department.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
If it's a multi-year lease, it would be a percentage of the rental income amount decided upon before hand by you and your Realtor.