Trulia Las V…, Other/Just Looking in Las Vegas, NV

What is the minimum credit score to rent an apartment? Is it consistent everywhere?

Asked by Trulia Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Thu Jan 31, 2013

Answers

2
Trulia Las Vegas,

This is such a great question!

In my experience there isn't a minimum credit score to rent an apartment, condo or single family home. I believe that most Property Management firms/Landlords factor in each individual circumstance when making a final decision. However, as one might imagine, the better the credit score, references and job history the easier it may be to beat out other tenants applying for the same property. There are also factors such as pets, smoking/non-smoking to consider. If you feel you may have past or current circumstances working against you, you may considering offering an increased security deposit, pre-paid rents, and rental references.

I would recommend any tenant be upfront when dealing with property management companies or your real estate agent. The more information known about your circumstance the better equipped we will be to find you that "right" home avoiding unnecessary NON-REFUNDABLE application fees.

Finding a rental in any city can be costly, be sure to ask the right questions and move fast!

Your Trusted Advisory in the Community!

Lisa Santacaterina
Urban Nest Realty
10220 W. Charleston Blvd., Suite 3
Las Vegas, NV 89135
P: (702) 540-2956
Email: Lisa@RealEstateCollective.com
That would really depend on the landlord or the property management company that is leasing/renting out the units. From what I understand, it is not just based on your credit score, there are other factors on your credit report that are taken into consideration. Other factors would be; evictions, credit payment history, foreclosure, bankruptcy and other things that would adversly portray a potential renter.
I would contact NSC Property Management at 702-777-9750 ask for Areya.