Rental Basics in 70005>Question Details

Dab, Other/Just Looking in Metairie, LA

What is the commission paid to agent for an apartment rental?

Asked by Dab, Metairie, LA Fri May 25, 2012

All fees are negotiable. Call me on my cell and we'll discuss your needs. I'll be glad to help you!

Thanks, Muriel Palmgren, Realtor at Gardner, Realtor, 525 Metairie Rd. Metairie, La 70005
Cell:504 583-8306; Office : 504 889-7777. Licensed in Louisiana
Hi Dab:

Typically, an agent will get 60% of the first months rent signing up a tenant for a one year lease on a apartment or home. However it is negotiable to some extent.

Are you looking to rent or looking for an agent to assist you in listing a rental on the MLS for Lease?

Hope this helps.
it varies from 50 to 100% of the first months rent on residential, to or a % for commercial property.
Remember, when you pay that 50%, if the agent represents both lessor and lessee the get 1/2 of that much money...and if another agent is involved, it is even less money..for example:
Rent is $1000 per month
You pay 50% of first months rent
Two agents are involved: your listing agent gets $250. after all checks clear. Not much dinero when they have to show the apt multiple times and approve/dissapprove lesee's.
Web Reference:
Mr. Cockburn, your answers are usually much clearer and better written.
Flag Tue Aug 7, 2012
There is no set amount. Sometimes it is a flat fee and sometimes a percentage and sometimes a portion of the 1st months rent.