Rental Basics in Salisbury>Question Details

Krskw, Home Owner in Salisbury, NC

What is the best way to rent your home to a quality renter in Salisbury NC area?

Asked by Krskw, Salisbury, NC Thu Mar 24, 2011

I have a 3 bedroom 2 bath home in Granite Quarry NC and may need to move out of state for work. What is the best and safest way to rent out my home?

Answers

4
Krskw - A Property Management company is the way to go. Village Real Estate Group, my company, has been in the business for years and has mastered the system :)) We have full time Property Managers, we do an extensive background check and we have an in-house rehab & maintenance crew that can respond quickly to issues & their prices are very competitive. In addition, we have our own Property Management web portal where tenants & landlords can access their property information 24/7/365. Tenants can make rent payments online, and we can make a direct deposit into your account.

Give me a call if you are interested in having us do an analysis of your home. We will be able to tell you about how much it will rent for and about how long it will take to get a tenant in there. Our fees are competitive and our service is first class.

Check out our website at http://www.villagerealestategroup.com. Thanks, and I hope to hear from you. Kelley Ireland, Broker-in-Charge/Owner of Village Real Estate Group 704-517-2811
I have a rental that is in another state, SC and I have found it to be easier to have an agent manage the property for me. The $ paid to them is less than the time and fustration it would take for me to manage it. They can also pre-qual the renter, collect the rents etc..and just send you a check.

Plus, if you turn this into a rental, the tax offsets are great and you can always sell within 5 years and qualify for the 2/5 rule of living in the house as a primary residence if you have lived there 2 years prior to turning it into a rental.

Krskw,

James is correct. You want to make sure you screen your tenants properly. Also, you want to do routine inspections to the property to maintain the integrety of the property during the rental period. I would suggest the use of a property manager since you will not be local. There is a cost involved, but the peace of mind that everything will be handled for you while you are away may be worth the small fee. There are a few property managers that I would recommend in Rowan. If you need more information or a recommendation, just shoot me an email....

Timothy Livengood
Rowan County Real Estate Specialist
Krskw the best way is to screen the heck out of them. Chech their credit, employment and personal referances. Discount what the current property manager says about them and check past rental history. If everything pans out just hope they don't go bad on you.